Atrogel is a herbal remedy made from extracts of fresh Arnica flowers and is an easy-to-apply non-greasy gel. It is ideal if you are looking for a treatment to relieve pain in conditions such as muscle aches or pains, stiffness or after sporting injuries. It can be used up to 4 times a day.
Dosage of Atrogel Arnica gel
- Firstly, used for relieving pain and bruising in adults, children, and the elderly.
- Apply 2 to 10 cm of the gel gently to the affected area. Use between 2 and 4 times daily for pain relief.
- Secondly, it is used by those who are pregnant.
- Don’t use Atrogel® if you have broken or irritated skin, if you are allergic to arnica preparations or other members of the daisy (Asteraceae / Compositae) family, or any of the other ingredients.
- Must use within 5 months of opening.
The active ingredient is the liquid extract of fresh Arnica flowers. 1g of gel contains 500mg of extract which is equivalent to an average of 160mg fresh Arnica flowers. The other ingredients are ethanol, purified water, glycerol (plant origin) and ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP copolymer (thickener).
Atrogel® Arnica gel side effects
Like all arnica products used externally, Atrogel® Arnica gel can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Minor side effects can occur when using Atrogel® Arnica gel. These are likely to affect less than 1 in every 10 people and may take the form of skin reactions (itching, skin rash, dry skin, contact dermatitis).
- Discontinue the use of arnica gel if you find these side effects are troubling you.
- If they persist, become serious or are worrying to you,
- or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, talk to a doctor, pharmacist or healthcare practitioner.
If Atrogel® Arnica gel is swallowed by mistake contact your doctor, pharmacist or healthcare practitioner immediately.