Although any of the remedies in the range of Echinaforce® Echinacea drops or tablets can be used to treat sore throats, this remedy has a specially designed nozzle and spray pump, designed to deliver echinacea and sage extracts to the painful and irritated parts at the back of the throat. It is convenient to use and does not require water to take.
Echinaforce® Sore Throat spray is part of the Echinaforce® range of herbal remedies for colds and flu. It contains extracts of freshly harvested Echinacea purpurea herb and root, and sage leaves (Salvia officinalis).
The benefit of using freshly harvested plant material to make our herbal remedies has been demonstrated in research – extracts of echinacea produced from fresh plants contain almost 3 times more active substances compared to those prepared from equivalent amounts of dried herb.*
How to use Echinacea® Sore Throat Spray
Our Sore Throat spray may be used by adults (over 18 years of age) and the elderly. As a sore throat remedy, apply 2 sprays to the back of the throat, six to ten times daily. Do not breathe in during application.
Echinaforce® Sore Throat spray comes in a bottle with a specially designed pump spray: ·
- Before first use, activate the spray by pressing the pump 2 or 3 times. To use the spray, shake the bottle well, place the nozzle just inside the mouth, pointing towards the back of the throat and press the pump.
- do not use this product to treat your sore throat for longer than 7 days.
- This is because if your symptoms persist for this period of time, you should see a doctor or other healthcare practitioner.
- Echinaforce® Sore Throat spray is part of our range of herbal remedies for treating the symptoms of colds and flu.
- It is available in a 30ml bottle, with a specially designed spray nozzle that delivers the herbal extracts to the back of the throat. It has a cooling, minty flavour.
Each 1ml of Echinaforce® Sore Throat spray contains:
- 863.3mg of tincture from fresh Echinacea purpurea herb
- 45.5mg of tincture from fresh Echinacea purpurea root
- 430mg of tincture from fresh Sage leaves
This herbal remedy also contains sorbitol (407mg), ethanol (370mg), soy lecithin (20mg), peppermint oil (5.0mg) and sucrose laurate (5mg).
Echinacea is native to North America but now cultivated extensively in Europe. It is one of our most popular herbs and used traditionally to treat the symptoms of colds and flu, including sore throats. Sage is also one of our best known traditional remedies. It too has a history of use for treating sore throats.
The plants used to produce Echinaforce® Sore Throat spray are cultivated organically in Switzerland at our own herb farms.