There are many products that claim to be quick fixes when it comes to weight loss.
- Diet pills
- and unrealistic fitness trends
These can suck you in only to fall flat in delivering on their one promise. Scientists have been investigating the effects of apple cider vinegar on weight loss. There has been consistently encouraging evidence of its beneficial effect on the body.
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) and its incredibly diverse range of uses.
Effective for type 2 diabetes patients
- Research has found it improved type 2 diabetes patients’ insulin sensitivity – that’s insulin’s ability to bring sugar out of the bloodstream and into the body’s cells.
- The 2004 study also discovered it lessened the rise of blood sugar and insulin.
Best for weight loss
- One of the most promising benefits of ACV is its plausible effect on weight loss.
- The vinegar is made from crushed apples combined with yeast and bacteria for fermentation.ACV’s major active component is acetic acid, also known as ethanoic acid.
- This organic compound has a sour taste and a strong smell. It also has powerful benefits for weight loss. A 2008 study on normal and diabetic rats found ACV lowered their LDL (bad) cholesterol and triglycerides (blood fat) while increasing HDL (good) cholesterol. This led researchers to conclude that vinegar may help to manage diabetes complications such as heart disease.
help in lowering blood sugar level
- Another study in 2005 found intake of acetic acid in rats helped lower blood sugar levels, decrease insulin, improve metabolism, reduce fat storage, burn fat and suppress appetite.ACV is power packed with nutrients, including pectins, vitamin C, thiamin, riboflavin, folate, potassium, calcium, iron, and magnesium.
- A 2005 study found a link between ACV and suppressed appetite, which led to decreased caloric intake. Those who took vinegar with a high-carb meal reported a 55 percent drop in blood sugar response one hour later. They also consumed 200-275 calories over the course of the day.
Average weight loss after consuming one tablespoon of ACV per day for 12 weeks resulted in 2.6lbs. Consuming two tablespoons for the same length of time resulted in 3.7lbs average weight loss.