Po-Ho essential oil for inhalation is made from the highest quality essential oils. It contains a mixture of the essential oils of peppermint, eucalyptus, juniper, caraway and fennel. It is available in a 10ml bottle as well as inhaler stick.
Apart from imparting a nice relaxing aroma, essential oils can also help the body in other ways, forming the basis for aromatherapy as a health care discipline. In addition, the essential oils of peppermint and eucalyptus have been used traditionally to help maintain clear, cool breathing – particularly during the cold or flu season.
Alfred Vogel first wrote about Po-Ho essential oil in March 1929 in his first magazine, Das Neue Leben (A Fresh Start). The name comes from Po-Ho, the (Mandarin) Chinese for peppermint, one of the five essential oils in this refreshing classic amongst oils.
How to use Po-Ho Oil
The most popular use of Po-Ho is to inhale the essential oils. This can be done in a number of ways:
- Put a few drops of Po-Ho oil onto a handkerchief or bunched-up tissue, hold it to your nose and inhale. You can also put the essential oil soaked handkerchief into your pillowcase or next to your pillow to help you sleep better
- If you need to inhale an extra boost of essential oils, put one drop of Po-Ho into a steaming-hot bowl of water, lean over, cover your head and bowl with a small towel, and inhale. Do this carefully as the oils can initially feel quite strong to your eyes when you inhale.
- Po-Ho essential oil can also be rubbed onto the front of your upper chest – your body heat will release a constant supply of essential oils for you to inhale. 1 drop of Po-Ho should be mixed with 15 drops of base oil before rubbing onto your chest.
- The easy-to-carry essential oil inhaler stick is a convenient way of using Po-Ho. To use, insert the tip of the inhaler gently into your nostril, close the other nostril and inhale deeply. Repeat with the other nostril. Not suitable for children under 6 years of age.
Po-Ho oil for inhalation is a mixture of:
- Peppermint essential oil: 50%
- Eucalyptus essential oil: 30%
- Juniper essential oil: 14%
- Caraway essential oil:4%
- Fennel essential oil: 2%
Po-Ho essential oil inhaler stick also contains limonene, linalool and vitamin E.